Personal Data Protection Act
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”), regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions and it applies to SANCTUARY COVE SDN. BHD., operating through its trade name “GrenePark Village” (“GrenePark Village”, “we”, “us” or “our”). For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the PDPA.
1) Notice: This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of GrenePark Village.
2) Source & Description of Personal Data: Your personal data is and will be collected from you and/or from the information you have provided to us, your emails and in any correspondence with us. The personal data processed by us may include your name, national identity card no. (NRIC no.), passport no., contact number, address, email address, designation, company name, bank account, salary & income tax number, and such other similar information pertaining to your spouse or family members.
3) Purposes: We are processing your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide for purposes of providing you with our services and any matter in connection thereto. We may also use and process your data for other purposes such as:-
a) to send you materials such as newsletters, articles, write-ups as well as other updates;
b) to distribute information or details of events or seminars which may be of interest to you; or
c) to send as potential referees to potential clients who request for referees of past work in requests for proposals, tenders, submissions.
4) Consent, Choice & Right to Refuse: The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. By engaging the services of, or providing service to, or by interacting with GrenePark Village at our events, seminar talks or otherwise, or by using the GrenePark Village website https://www.greneparkvillage.com (“Website”), you consent to the processing of your Personal Data by GrenePark Village and all persons involved in the provision of services by GrenePark Village. If you do not consent to GrenePark Village processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 3, please notify us by sending us an email detailing your withdrawal via the contact details stated in Section 5 below or by registered post to the address stated therein.
If we do not receive any notification from you concerning our processing of your Personal Data, we shall proceed to continue to process the same for the Purposes as set out in section 3 above, on the basis that you have consented to our processing of your Personal Data in accordance with our notice herein.
However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, GrenePark Village may not be able to
(i) communicate with you;
(ii) provide you the services you require; or
(iii) you may not access certain sections of the Website where login is required.
5) Access, Correction, Inquiry and/or Complaints: You may access and request for correction of your personal data and/or contact us with any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data as follows:
Designation of the Contact Person: PDPA Partner
In accordance with the PDPA:
(a) We may charge a prescribed fee for processing your request for access or correction; and
(b) We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
6) Disclosure: Your personal data may be disclosed to parties, including but not limited to regulatory and/or statutory bodies, business partners, financial institutions, insurers, auditors and other professional advisers, service providers such as information technology (IT), data entry and storage providers, and any such third party requested or authorised by you for any of the above Purposes or any other purpose for which your Personal Data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes.
7) Transfer of Data: Your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Malaysia.
8) Data Integrity: You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date. We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is provided by you to us and you agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
9) Right to Vary: We shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on our Website. By continuing to communicate with us or by continuing to use our services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.